Cupid’s Arrows

Forget the roses and candy, seniors Ian MacLellan, A12, Marco Marrazza, A12, Scott Gardner A12, John Work, E12, have raised the bar this Valentine’s Day. Taking a more creative approach, MacLellan shot video of the four as they adventured up to Maine to shoot “Cupid” arrows for their girlfriends. Check out the charming results below:

The video is part of a larger effort of MacLellan’s, dubbed “Adventure Year,” a project during which he will complete and document an adventure a week in the hopes of broadening his horizons and his videography skills.

According to MacLellan:

Adventure Year started out by accident. I just happened to shoot an adventure video on Jan. 1 and enjoyed it so much I decided to stick with it. Forcing myself to go out in the world and try and do something big, huge, and exciting every week is also a way to enjoy and celebrate the entire year because adventures are not just for perfect spring days. There are so many wonderful places so close to Somerville. It’s also great to create these new moments with friends and family.

I hope that these videos are more than just my personal meditation on my creative process and the fun I have enjoying new experiences and that this series will inspire people to go off and try something new and then share that experience in a meaningful way. There is more to every week than your homework and clubs or just a few Instagram photos and tweets.

Follow the adventure at http://adventureyear.tumblr.com/.

1. #1 by Tom on February 15, 2012 - 1:14 am

I love valentines day!!!!

(will not be published)