Posts Tagged Patrick Meier
Patrick Meier, a Ph.D. candidate at The Fletcher School, recently starred in a video inspired by the work of the Standby Volunteer Task Force (SBTF).
SBTF group includes 1000+ digital humanitarians in more than 80 countries around the world. They are responsible for some of the important live crisis mapping operations that support humanitarian and human rights organizations. Crisis mapping involves monitoring use of information communications in conflict and disaster areas in order to improve response. SBTF is committed to rapid learning and innovation as well as creative uses of technology due to their dedicated volunteers, Mapsters.
Check out this short video about Meier and SBTF that first aired on National Geographic Television Channel.
For more information visit Meier’s blog here.
- Content Type (XML)
- Schools (XML)
- Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine (XML)
- Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy (XML)
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (XML)
- Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging (XML)
- Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences (XML)
- School of Arts and Sciences (XML)
- School of Dental Medicine (XML)
- School of Engineering (XML)
- School of Medicine (XML)
- The Fletcher School (XML)
- Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service (XML)
- Themes (XML)
- Uncategorized (XML)
- Who (XML)
TAGGEDa cappella active citizenship admissions Alumni app athletics Balance Your Life beelzebubs blog bubs ceeo commencement Community crisis mapping Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine dance education Egypt engineering entrepreneurs Facebook food glee graduation haiti institute for global leadership International jackson jills LGBT movies music nutrition photos quidditch Research sQ! sustainability technology the fletcher school tufts admissions tufts dining twitter Video wonderwednesday youtube