Posts Tagged photos
Recent photos on The Fletcher School’s Admissions Facebook Page interestingly compare the Fletcher of years ago to the Fletcher we see today.
With historic photos from the archives paired next to more recent photos taken today, these fun ‘Throwback Thursday” posts show that although Fletcher may look different over the years, the students still have the same passion and excitement for learning.
Check out this one “Throwback Thursday” post below, and for more photos check out their Facebook page.
This winter break, students involved with the Institute for Global Leadership (IGL) traveled across the globe to conduct research. IGL at Tufts focuses on teaching students to be effective and ethical leaders, “ready to act as global citizens in addressing international and national issues across cultures.”
Students traveled to Cambodia, Colombia, India, Kosovo, New Orleans, Nepal, Nicaragua, Rwanda, Turkey and Uganda this winter break and the IGL Facebook page posted some great photos from their travels. Check out these below and more on their Facebook page!
This year Tufts Recycles! encouraged students to think about recycling and reusing while they were packing up their dorm rooms for the summer. The R²ePACK move-out initiative asks students to Reuse & Recycle everything, pack and clean. This year they collected:
- 8500 pounds of clothes and linens, to be donated and recycled
- 1 truckload of freecyclable items, to be donated to incoming freshmen in the fall
- 20 pairs of crutches, to be reused by the Tufts Athletics Department
- 15 boxes of nonperishable food, donated to Project Soup in Somerville
- 6 boxes of Dining Hall dishes, returned to Dewick-MacPhie and Carmichael Dining Halls
- 5 boxes of school supplies, to be donated to the Medford Public Schools
- 3 boxes of books, to be donated to the Boston Prison Book Drive
- 2 cubic yards of broken and working electronics, to be recycled
- 1 mountain of mattress foam, to be recycled
To document R²ePACK 2012, the team took photos during the collection. Click on the photos to see more on the Tufts Recycles! blog:
While both Tufts University and Tufts Alumni have started using Instagram to document life at Tufts, it’s always nice when students, staff, and visitors share their experiences of campus through social media. Here are a few great Instagram images we came across with the tag #Tufts. Feel free to follow the school’s accounts – TuftsUniversity and TuftsAlumni – and don’t forget to tag your photos so we can check out your time at Tufts!
With the start of the new year often comes reflection on the year past. Senior Ian MacLellan takes a photographic approach to his year-in-review with some great shots including this one of his fellow Jumbos “mattress boarding.”
Check out Ian’s full look back at 2011 in his recent blog post.
The blog offers readers a peek into the happenings of the vet school, not to mention a guaranteed pick-me-up after viewing the “awww”-inducing pictures of kittens and puppies.