I had a difficult time getting through “The Wolfpack”, I felt could actually feel the pain and fear that each narrator felt. The author did a great job of showing the humanity in these women, which everyone else seemed to overlook. This story reminds me of a study done at University of Virginia which asserted that people in the medical field think that black people have a higher pain threshold than white people, which can result in misdiagnoses and inadequate treatment of people’s conditions. I made the connection because I feel like in this story, and in general, black women are constantly having their humanity called into question. They are constantly dealt the harshest punishments, and unfortunately this treatment extends into all aspects of their life. This dehumanization is only amplified by the women in this story’s sexual orientation. I read a few articles about the case after reading the story, and I saw that newspapers used their sexual orientation to justify their harsh sentences. I’m not new to knowing how unjust our system is, especially in regard to marginalized people, but this story just reminded me again. I also like that the author chose to omit any details about the assailant. Many of the articles talked about him and his career, as if what he did should be overlooked because he’s a creative. They also tried to paint him, an assailant, as a victim. The author did correctly reversed the roles and showed who the real victims are, the four women and their families as well.