on android phones

by Ammar on October 15, 2011

When I got my droid charge, I was a bit skeptical about its size, and about how useful that giant touchscreen would be. I didn’t think I’d be reading off it

droid chargemuch, and I’m notoriously bad with typing on touch screens. I used to touchtype furiously on all my old nokia phones, and getting a high-end android phone was quite a bit of a jump for me.

That said, I couldn’t be happier. I’m still an atrocious typist (swype gets me so frustrated sometimes that I want to throw my phone against the wall, but I’m worse at the conventional keyboard) but I use my phone all the time. It’s my text/talk phone, web browser, map, gps, camera and app portal all in one. I sit and read techcrunch articles (in class sometimes), answer emails on the go, work through my to-do list and keep track pf my calendar. Having it synced with my google account helps a lot, it keeps my life in order. Not sure what I’d do without my phone now.

On the other hand, the battery life is abysmal. I can’t even get through a working day without it dying out on me. Even with very light use, it’s usually almost dead between the time I leave home and get back, and if I use it like I normally do it’s dead long before. I used to carry around an extra charger to keep my phone usable, but that’s gone missing over the last week or so. I’ve had to buy an extra battery, and I swap them out every now and then to keep both charged in case I need it

On a side note, my HP touchpad should (finally) be coming soon. I’m hoping the cyanogenmod team or someone at rootzwiki will have a decent release of android for the touchpad – chances are I won’t like webOS as much as good old google  android…

From → Uncategorized

One Comment Leave one →
  1. Merill London permalink

I have an android and must say that I get all the functionality and apps I’ve ever needed from a phone. Great combo of quality, efficiency and comfort. Plus, you get updates and new apps constantly!