JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT:
Executive Director, Brick Store Museum –
POSTED: November 15, 2010
CLOSES: December 31, 2010, midnight EST
The Board of Trustees of the Brick Store Museum, a 75-year-old, AAM-accredited historical and decorative arts museum located in a complex of five 19th-century buildings in Kennebunk, Maine’s National Register Historic District, is seeking a full-time executive director to lead the institution in its strategic initiatives and to build upon its solid foundation as a respected community and historical resource. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, multifaceted leader able to articulate the Museum’s mission, maintain and develop stakeholder relationships, supervise a small staff and corps of volunteers, and creatively promote the Museum as a destination heritage tourism attraction in southern coastal Maine.
- M.A. degree in museum studies or closely related field, although a strong combination of curatorial, programming, managerial and nonprofit fundraising experience will also be considered.
- Ability to effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the Museum, its budget and revenue streams, collections, facilities, staff, exhibit preparation and outreach activities, as well as the Museum’s brand identity across myriad platforms, inclusive of press, print, web and social media.
- Successful fundraising abilities, with a talent for building trusted relationships across a broad range of constituencies.
- Solid track record of utilizing creative and innovative means for reaching new audiences and developing engaging programs and exhibitions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a Board of Trustees, including its standing and ad hoc committees, on short and long-term goals.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, with enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of history and the standards and management practices within the museum profession. Experience with smaller institutions and Maine history considered beneficial.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For full consideration, applicants must submit as a Microsoft WORD or an Adobe PDF document a cover letter addressing critical competencies, a resume, and a listing of three references with full contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight EST, December 31, 2010. Please no calls.