Manager of Learning and Outreach, Qatar Children’s Museum
Qatar Museum Authority (QMA): www.qma.org.qa
(Prior applicants for this position, or manager of education position, need not re-apply)
Museum: new family museum based on areas of the arts (visual and performing) and the environment (including ecology) in Doha, the capital of Qatar.
Purpose of position: to set up, manage and develop the department of learning and outreach. Part of the Museum’s senior staff; reports to Museum Director.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
* Oversea and manage the learning and outreach staff, and Museum learning programs both on- and off-site.
* With HR department hire, train and develop education staff; deliver all required staff evaluations.
* Develop and deliver staff professional development.
* Develop with staff the Museum’s programs for families, children, schools, teachers (current and trainee), community groups and those with special/additional needs; initiate program evaluation protocols and procedures; contribute to educational materials.
* Participate and contribute to Content Brief for the Museum’s development, including exhibition design and content.
* Oversea and manage staff for the Museum’s special children’s library.
* Prepare and track department’s budget.
* Represent the Museum at various educational and learning organizations; contribute to conferences, publications and research.
* Participate with other QMA senior staff in cross-museum projects and initiatives.
Position requirements: minimum masters degree in museum studies, museum education, life-long learning, or closely related subject; minimum 5 years museum management experience including management of staff and budget; (minimum 10 years total museum experience); experience with in-gallery programming for families and/or children; computer literate with excellent written, presentation and communication skills. International work experience highly desirable.
Position contract offers excellent, tax-free salary with extensive benefits (including accommodation, flights, medical coverage and end-of-contract payment; 45 days paid vacation a year plus public holidays).
Application: detailed cover letter and CV via email to Sue Underwood OBE, Director, Qatar Children’s Museum at sunderwood[at]qma[dot]org[dot]qa