The Education Coordinator reports to the Directors of Formal and Informal Teaching and Learning (FITL).
Full Time, 35 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday, with flexible weekend and evening work Salary – high-30K range (commensurate with experience) plus full benefits (health, dental, eye, 401K)
● Develop, coordinate, or teach a mix of education workshops, large/small-scale public programs, trainings, sleepovers, and hands-on experiences for families, students and teachers.
● Coordinate and oversee all logistics and details of programs.
● Communicate with other NYSCI departments – including Operations, Public Relations, Visitor Services, and Explainer Leadership Team – about program
● Present developmentally appropriate and engaging STEM content through a variety of programs and projects.
● Document and evaluate programs on an ongoing basis.
1. Well-developed communication, organization, and problem-solving skills;
2. Motivation to communicate science using dynamic and interactive modes;
3. Education or special event programming background, experience with informal education, experience with families, or experience working in a science and technology center is preferred;
4. B.A. Degree
Please send cover letter and resume to Alice Stevenson,
Education Manager, New York Hall of Science, 47-01 111th Street, Queens, NY 11368. astevenson[at]nysci[dot]org EOE