Museum: new family museum based on areas of the arts (visual and performing) and the environment (including ecology) in Doha, the capital of Qatar.
Purpose of position: to set up, manage and develop the Museum’s business plan, operational plan and budget. Part of the Museum’s senior staff; reports to Museum Director.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
* Develop a five-year business plan and operational plan for the Museum in consultation with the Museum’s Director and senior staff; active involvement in key decision making, ensuring that the immediate and longer term business planning implications, opportunities and risks are fully considered.
* Ensure that all plans support and align with the 2030 Vision.
* Develop relationships with government bodies, universities and related organizations to ensure the effective communication of the Museum’s project.
* Represent the Museum at various organizations; contribute to conferences, publications and research.
* Contribute to staff professional development through active participation in leading staff training and workshops; contribute to other managerial process as designated by the Museum’s director.
* Participate with other QMA senior staff in cross-museum projects and initiatives.
Position requirements: minimum masters degree in museum studies, museum education, life-long learning, or closely related subject; minimum 5 years museum management experience including management of staff and budget; minimum 3 years experience related to business and operational development in a museum, historic site or similar (minimum 10 years total museum experience); computer literate with excellent written, presentation and communication skills. International work experience highly desirable.
Position contract offers excellent, tax-free salary with extensive benefits (including accommodation, flights, medical coverage and end-of-contract payment; 45 days paid vacation a year plus public holidays).
Application: detailed cover letter and CV via email to Sue Underwood OBE, Director, Qatar Children’s Museum at sunderwood[at]qma[dot]org[dot]qa