Formal and Informal Teaching and Learning Department-Science Instructor
The Science Instructor will report to the Director of Formal and Informal Teaching and Learning. The role involves implementing programs, workshops, science curriculum development, afterschool programming and other related educational services as directed.
Full Time, 35 hours per week with additional hours as required – weekends and evenings if required (must be flexible)
1. Deliver workshops to student visitors and offsite classes.
2. Deliver workshops and training classes to teachers and other professionals.
3. Design and develop science curriculum and conduct after-school/weekend programs.
4. Lead in the development of all Education Department programs and workshops.
5. Perform routine procedures related to the workshops, outreaches and professional development programs, including training Explainers and maintaining equipment.
6. Maintain appearance of classrooms and other program areas.
7. Order appropriate materials and equipment.
8. Assist with other Education Department programs as assigned.
1. Motivation to serve the public’s educational needs.
2. Well-developed communication, writing, research, and organization skills.
3. M.A degree in science or education with a teaching background including curriculum or workshop development and delivery.
4. Experience developing and implementing programs in an informal learning environment.
1. A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to A. 1-4 above may be substituted for any of the items therein.
Salary: Mid – High 30K
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Sylvia Perez at sperez[at]nysci[dot]org or via fax at 718-699-5227. EOE