Program Coordinator [Center for Art and Community Partnerships at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design]
The Program Coordinator for the Center for Art and Community Partnerships will manage and direct the day to day logistics of CACP projects and programs, including: management of ongoing programs; conception and development of projects; oversight of project budgets; hiring of project leaders and MassArt students; communications with respective partners; site visits; collection of documentation, data and evaluations.
Supervision Received: Director, Center for Art and Community Partnerships.
Program/project leaders, students, and AmeriCorps*VISTA member.
1. Serve as a liaison to and conduct meetings with partnering organizations and MassArt departments in regards to projects and programs
2. Develop and manage CACP programs and events in collaboration with community partners
3. Develop, manage and oversee the Artist in Residence (A.I.R.) programming at community sites
4. Manage and oversee MassArt community based and/or co-curricular Faculty projects working through the Center
5. Manage and oversee student program job placements including community-based work-study, A-Team, and AmeriCorps Student Leaders in Service
6. Work in concert with Student Development for CACP portion of new and transfer Orientation.
7. Coordinate documentation of programs and projects
8. Work with other CACP staff as needed in the creation of infrastructure for CACP office as it relates to program management
1. Oversee communication with MassArt staff, faculty and students regarding CACP projects including press releases and related publicity materials
2. Attend meetings of and share info with local community organizations, partnering institutions, and emerging partnership groups
3. Assist with MassArt Community Newsletter development
4. Assist with maintenance of community partner database
1. Develop and conduct/oversee training for students working in community-based CACP programs
2. Provide orientation for and act as liaison between CACP Artist in Residence educators and community sites.
3. Oversee work-study student hires in community-based positions, conduct site visits and evaluations
4. Participate in MassArt student leadership process and oversee A-Team members.
5.Oversee AmeriCorps*VISTA member in relation to CACP programs and Student Leaders in Service members.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION
1. Assess programs, services, and outcomes through comprehensive evaluations
2. Maintain extensive photo and text archive of programs and projects
3. Assist Director in the preparation of quantitative and qualitative reporting of Center programming for grants
4. Assist Director in development of new partnerships projects by conducting site visits as needed with potential partners to determine level of commitment, need, program relevance to the Center’s mission, and Center’s capacity to engage in proposed project(s)
5. With Director, conduct research about local community issues and efforts, other higher education institutions’ work in the community and advise the Center on issues of under served populations, diversity and access to the visual arts.
6. Attend MA Campus Compact, Imagining America, and other conferences as needed for information sharing and professional development
1. Schedule and coordinate site-visits with community-based work-study sites.
2. Provide biweekly reporting of programs to Director
3. Other administrative duties as required.
1. Evenings/weekend work, according to events/season
2. It should be noted that this position is heavily centered around community relations. The candidate should be comfortable with mobility.
3. Other duties as required
Review of applications will begin March 29th, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
Those interested in applying should do so by visiting: careers.massart.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50695