MONTGOMERY COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The position is open immediately. The job requirements and personal qualifications are:
– Assume overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Society’s staff, programs, volunteers, and execution of its mission
– Participate in the creation and implementation of educational and County based historical-type activities and events
– Prepare and present the Society’s contributions to the preservation of history in the County at governmental meetings (like the County Council) and professional associations for the purpose of enhancing the Society’s finances and explaining the Society’s role in history preservation
– Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations
– Ability to work well with people, including the staff of 8, volunteers, local politicians and state government representatives and personnel
– Some knowledge and experience with financial matters and budgets
– Some management experience, preferably in the museum/history field
– Ability and willingness to work with others in developing a broader based individual and business membership
– Past experience working with a Board of Directors in achieving the goals of the Society and cultivation of existing board member relationships
– The successful candidate should have an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning. Salary commensurate with experience and enthusiasm in the field of history.
Interested persons should submit their resume of applicable experience by April 19, 2011 to: MCHS.Director[at]gmail[dot]com
For more detailed information about the Society and its many activities, interested persons should check our website at www.montgomeryhistory.org.