Assistant Director, Brookline Arts Center
A community-based art education nonprofit in the Boston area seeks a full-time Assistant Director. This is a 40-hour / week position and requires some evening and weekend hours.
* Has primary responsibility for class operations, including registering students, interviewing, hiring and interfacing with teachers
* Creates and prepares all printed materials for the Center, including catalogs and promotional material
* Works with the board of directors on fundraising events.
* Recruits volunteers and coordinates their activity.
* Manages all information technology activities.
* Has primary responsibility for daily and long-term responsibility for the building facility.
* Attends some committee meetings: taking notes and writing minutes, coordinating with committee chair to set meeting dates and plan agendas.
* Responsible for helping to set up and run public events, such as gallery openings.
Applicant should demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to work without supervision and skill at interacting with a variety of people.
Knowledge of Microsoft office programs and InDesign required. Experience with database programs and HTML preferred.
Ability to work in spoken and written English required. Ability to lift 40 lbs required.
Knowledge of art education or studio art practice preferred, 3 – 5 years employment experience in an administrative or teaching role preferred.
B.A. or equivalent experience required.
Salary DOE, this position includes health insurance and vacation benefits.
The Brookline Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Send resume and cover letter to: assistantdirectorsearch[at]yahoo[dot]com