Education Director, Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum
Lead education and events program for the oldest house in New York City
Utilize existing programming and curriculum to bring history alive for NYC
* Manage and implement school programs including marketing, scheduling,
tracking, and teaching 1 class a day. Occasionally 2 classes will need to be
scheduled to accommodate school needs, requiring help from part time
educators. Curriculum is in place.
* Nurture relationships with area schools, educators, and cultural sites and
develop opportunities for collaboration
* Work closely with Parks and Historic House Trust staff on a variety of
education initiatives Event planning and organization. Schedule artisans
that will help bring colonial life alive for existing events and new events
as required. Communicate costs of events and potential income sources to
WH&A Board of Directors. Execute plans once approved. Once school program
and legacy events are in place, re-visit idea of outreach programs which
were previously developed but not fully implemented.
* Contact schools to schedule visits through school year, typically
* Review existing brochure and fee schedule and make suggestions for changes
as necessary. Fees should be compared to similar historic houses to assess
* Collect fees from schools/teachers for visits and maintain excel recap of
income and expenses. Communicate progress monthly to bookkeeper and
* Maintain Museum website and social media web pages.
* Support grant writing efforts for existing grants.
* Work with Administrator and WH&A treasurer to secure funding for the
development and continuation of educational programming
Requirements: Degree or graduate work in education. NYS teaching certificate
a plus. History or museum studies background helpful. One year commitment
required. Occasional Saturday work days necessary for special events.
Salary & benefits: $30,000 annually – with 6 month performance review and
potential for salary increase . 70% WH&A contribution to medical and dental
benefits. 2 weeks vacation in addition to most national holidays, 3 personal
days and 12 sick days.
Process: Cover letters and updated resumes should be sent to Barbara Wyckoff
Siris at firstname.lastname@example.org