The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas, Texas has an immediate opening
for a full-time Education Coordinator. For more information about the
Nasher, please visit www.NasherSculptureCenter.org
The Education Coordinator coordinates education programs designed for
children and family audiences to advance the Centerâ€™s education
mission and contribute importantly to its goals of developing innovative
and exciting programs for varied audiences, particularly related to
modern and contemporary sculpture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Development:
* Supervise group tour program and work with Marketing, when needed,
to maintain attendance and advertise programs to the community.
* Supervise volunteer docent pool. Assess and evaluate docent
performance. Assign docents to tours and maintain docent tour schedule.
* Act as primary liaison with educators for group tours program and
teacher programs on the Nasher collection. Includes responding to
inquiries from educators, greeting student tours at admissions desk.
May also include presenting tours if there is a last-minute docent
* Act as primary liaison with Dallas Museum of Art Tour Coordinator
and Docent Manager to ensure that collaborative docent program and tour
scheduling is running smoothly.
* Plan and coordinate activities for family and childrenâ€™s
programs, especially First Saturdays. Develop activities, maintain
supplies, and work these programs. Create a budget for family and
childrenâ€™s programs. Find vendors for supplies and process invoices.
Develop an archive to record the history of these programs for later
* Develop educational materials for docent training and teacher
workshops, such as docent guides and teacher packets. Keep abreast of
the scholarly field of modern and contemporary art, especially works in
the Raymond and Patsy Nasher Collection.
* Keep abreast of area ISD curriculum requirements applicable to
Nasher school programs, especially TEKS.
* Design and organize special school programs and collaborations.
* Work with Curator of Education at adult programs, as needed.
* Process registrations for childrenâ€™s and teen camps and
workshops and adult programs.
* Keep statistics on student tours and other education programs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Â§ Bachelorâ€™s degree in art history, art education or related field
such as museum studies or studio art. Experience with museum education
programming for children and family audiences.
Â§ Demonstrated skill in visitor service environment, working with the
public. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and
the ability to multi-task.
* In regular communication with the public and other constituencies,
must be able to represent the Center with tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to work flexible schedule including Education programs on
the weekends and evenings.
* Ability and willingness to work as a team with other Center staff.
* Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft
Office, especially Excel and Outlook. Experience working with
Raiserâ€™s Edge desirable.
Position is full time and reports to the Curator of Education. Please
submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Curator of Education