THE NEW YORK BOTANICAL GARDEN
The New York Botanical Garden, a National Historic Landmark and one of NYC’s
premier cultural institutions, seeks a Registrar to join their Education
department. The Registrar provides services to Ault Education’s
constituents; students, instructors, and Garden staff.
* Provides administrative oversight to the Registration Office Aides and
Midtown Coordinator, to assure customer service consistent with its role as
“the public face” of the NYBG Education Division. Coordinates satisfactory
resolutions for customer service issues. Hires, trains, schedules and
supervises Registration Office Aides and Midtown Coordinator.
* Monitors and manages the Adult Education web presence. Oversees the
accuracy, continual updating and HTML formatting of the Adult Education
scheduling and registration database.
* Develops, complies, and disseminates analytical reporting on registration
and revenue statistics. Uses the Informer reporting tool creatively to
research trends and investigate anomalies.
* Proposes, implements, and maintains efficient systems and procedures to
effectively manage the Registration Office.
* Analyzes and improves systems and procedures for greater efficiency and
effectiveness. Continually updates procedure manual to assure policies and
procedures are clearly defined and articulated.
* Insures that registration policies and records are maintained in
accordance with Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision standards. Insures
the integrity and accuracy of the Education databases.
* Assures the effective administration of registrarial services and
procedures; administers and delivers registration services, including the
management of all academic records, receipt of grades, issuance of grade
reports and transcripts, preparation of record audits for certificate and
* Maintains and operates lecture hall a/v systems, implements procedures to
ensure correct use by other staff members, and assures that all equipment is
maintained in good working order. Maintains the scheduling of classroom and
lecture hall inside and outside reservations.
* Ensures confirmation letters, materials lists, syllabi, transcripts, and
other student-related information is organized, recorded accurately and
distributed to students in a timely manner.
* Coordinated timely and accurate communication with instructors regarding
class administration. Coordinates communication with offsite venues
regarding class administration, equipment needs, rosters, evaluations and
other customer service issues.
* Communicates with instructors and offsite facilities regarding possible
inclement weather postponements, and makes recommendations to the Associate
Director of Student Services.
* Coordinates the successful operation of all Adult Education events,
including Certificate Ceremonies, Open Houses and Career Information
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
* Registrar experience in a collegiate or continuing education environment,
including customer service, instructor coordination, and records management.
* Experience overseeing computerized student registration and records
systems. Excellent computer skills.
* Strong HTML programming knowledge preferred.
* Must be able to analyze and evaluate registration data to better
understand results/trends and offer support to the programming of class
curriculum and schedules.
* Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills required;
ability to work well with students, instructors, staff.
Excellent benefits including 4 weeks vacation a year, 401k savings and
pension plans, paid sick days and holidays, free employee parking on
premises and more!
The New York Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer