The Boston Children’s Museum in Boston, MA seeks an Arts Program Educator
TITLE: EDUCATOR – ARTS PROGRAM MANAGER
DATE: September 27, 2011
Boston Children s Museum Educators are responsible for developing and
delivering quality, educational, fun programs on a variety of topics for all
visitors. The Educator – Arts Program Manager is part of this team with a
focus on Visual Arts.
* Develop and lead engaging, varied, educational and fun interactive
experiences, public programs, and special events for children and families.
* Develop and lead educational programs for students and teachers that
support accepted learning standards.
* Act as lead planner and educator for special events and festivals
focusing on arts.
* Assist with multidisciplinary programs, major events, school vacation
week and summer programming as directed by the Senior Manager of Public
* Train and mentor other Educators, floor staff, interns and volunteers.
* Contribute ideas, creativity and perspective to Museum programming
* Serve visitors from diverse populations with age appropriate
programming in a courteous and professional manner.
* Act as exhibit mentor for the Art Studio.
* Participate in Gallery planning committee.
* Act as liaison to the early childhood arts education community.
* BA/BS with a minimum of 2 year of experience in teaching, museum
studies, cultural studies, performing arts, etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of informal education and
family learning in setting such as children s museums is desirable.
* Bilingual or fluency in Spanish, Chinese, or other language desirable.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Comfortable presenting
to large groups.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability work well with
multicultural, intergenerational audiences, in an energetic, friendly,
outgoing, and professional manner.
* Excellent organizational and computer skills.
* Weekend, school vacation, and holiday hours are required.
* Lots of walking and/or standing, occasional lifting of materials of up
to 25 lbs.
If you are interested, please send cover letter, resume and salary history
by fax to: (617) 423-3213
by mail to:
Boston Children’s Museum
308 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210
by email to:
(Please submit as a Microsoft Word file and not as an HTML or ZIP file)