Old South Meeting House
USA, MA, Boston
Old South Meeting House, a museum, historic site and gathering place, seeks
experienced, creative and collaborative professional to lead and implement
all aspects of its well-established educational programming for adults,
children and other audiences, including year-round public events, school
programs and teacher development opportunities.
- Developing, implementing, evaluating and strengthening programs in
alignment with the museum’s mission and strategic goals;
- Creating, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing
- Planning and teaching programs and recruiting, training and supervising
staff, volunteers and interns as teachers and program facilitators;
Developing and coordinating collaborations with other organizations and
- Developing and administering education budget;
- Helping secure funding for programs through grants and other sources.
Requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- 3-5 years experience in museum education with demonstrated skills in
management and program development;
- Passion for education of children and adults in informal settings;
- Familiarity with current teaching standards;
- Track record of developing and maintaining relationships with broad range
- Mature interpersonal style with sense of humor and ability to interact
with a diverse range of people;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willingness to function as key member of a small organization in a
collaborative environment and manage multiple priorities;
- Interest in history and free speech;
- Master’s Degree in museum education or related field.