Old South Meeting House
USA, MA, Boston
Old South Meeting House, a museum, historic site and gathering place, seeks
experienced, creative and collaborative professional to lead and implement
all aspects of its well-established educational programming for adults,
children and other audiences, including year-round public events, school
programs and teacher development opportunities.
– Developing, implementing, evaluating and strengthening programs in
alignment with the museum’s mission and strategic goals;
– Creating, building and maintaining relationships with new and existing
– Planning and teaching programs and recruiting, training and supervising
staff, volunteers and interns as teachers and program facilitators;
Developing and coordinating collaborations with other organizations and
– Developing and administering education budget;
– Helping secure funding for programs through grants and other sources.
Requires occasional evening and weekend work.
– 3-5 years experience in museum education with demonstrated skills in
management and program development;
– Passion for education of children and adults in informal settings;
– Familiarity with current teaching standards;
– Track record of developing and maintaining relationships with broad range
– Mature interpersonal style with sense of humor and ability to interact
with a diverse range of people;
– Strong communication skills;
– Willingness to function as key member of a small organization in a
collaborative environment and manage multiple priorities;
– Interest in history and free speech;
– Master’s Degree in museum education or related field.