Education Associate, Learning Through Art, Guggenheim Museum
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is seeking an *Education Associate* for
the Education Department. The *Education Associate, Learning Through
selected school-based artists residencies, and participates more generally
in the management of the Learning Through Art program. The Education
Associate also participates in the Education Department activities as
necessary and relevant.
The Learning Through Art program (LTA) places practicing teaching artists
in New York City public school classrooms, where they collaborate with
teachers to create process-oriented art projects that examine ideas and
themes related to the school curriculum. In these 20-week residencies,
teaching artists introduce art techniques and concepts and encourage
students to view, analyze, and discuss works of art.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to
promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and
other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and
contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through
exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and
publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly
diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and
partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the
Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions
in the world* *
The position oversees selected Learning Through Art Teaching Artists.
Responsibilities include conducting observations, sharing
performance-related feedback, and writing and discussing performance
- Supervise selected teaching artists in 20-week residencies at NYC
- Observe, evaluate, and provide pedagogical oversight and support for
the LTA program at each site
- Communicate with teachers and administrators
- Lead tours for students and teachers
- Work with LTA team on all areas of the program, including professional
development for participating teachers and teaching artists and the
exhibition A Year with Children
- Participate in Education department staff meetings and retreats, and
take on department-related tasks and projects as needed
- Oversee/manage content LTA section of the website.
- Oversee continued dissemination of research findings.
- Co-teach workshop for educators Teaching for Creativity.
*Qualifications and Requirements**:*
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field
- A Masters degree in art/museum education, arts administration, or a
related field; BFA/MFA desired
- Supervisory and/or program coordination experience
- Teaching experience
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Knowledge of art history and art education.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, PhotoShop, and InDesign
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental,
life, disability and pension plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous
vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural
institutions, discounts to museum stores and a stimulating and collegial
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter, including
salary expectations, email@example.com. Indicate the job title
³Education Associate, Learning Through Art² in the subject line. Only those
applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.