- Supervise the cataloguing, condition, safe-keeping, and insurance policy of the permanent collection and collections database.
- Produce all paperwork for incoming and outgoing loans and permanent collection donations.
- Assist Curator in all aspects of exhibit development, design, installation and promotion; including research, writing, and editing exhibit material, hanging and placement of objects, and de-installation.
- Make shipping arrangements, inventory, and complete condition reports of deliveries, and supervise the packing and return of objects.
- Install creative lighting for each exhibit and complete routine lighting checks.
- Develop and organize programs and events, such as lectures and workshops.
- Supervise and schedule interns and volunteers.
- Monitor and summarize environmental data, and produce weekly reports.
- Security system reports
- Greet and engage visitors at the front desk, introduce the organization, and direct visitors through the building.
- Process images and create exhibit layouts using Adobe Photoshop.
- Manage social media pages.
- Assist with exhibit opening receptions and other museum and library events.
- Act as Secretary of the Museum Management, Exhibitions and Collections Committee.
- Complete administrative duties including: data entry, telephone coverage, supply ordering, mailings, and filing.
- Lift 30 pounds and climb a 12-foot step ladder.
Bachelor’s degree or three-year’s experience in a museum or gallery environment
Art handling experience
Knowledge of museum lighting
Adobe Photoshop or Elements