The Rubin Museum of Art is a dynamic environment that stimulates learning, promotes understanding, and inspires personal connections to the ideas, cultures, and art of Himalayan Asia. Now in its eighth year, the museum welcomes over 200,000 visitors annually and has over 6,000 members. Through its collection, exhibitions, and public/educational programs the Rubin Museum of Art serves as an international center for the preservation, study and enjoyment of the art of Himalayan Asia.
Within the Museum’s Print and Electronic Information department and reporting to the Creative Manager of Graphics and Branding, the Production Coordinator and Assistant Graphic Designer is responsible for scheduling all print and electronic projects, maintaining the departmental calendar and monitoring projects as they move from client request through editorial, design, and production. These projects are printed and electronic ephemera, including exhibition graphics, labels and texts; brochures; invitations; posters; signage and windows; flyers and program announcements. General production and design work will be assigned as needed and appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinate departmental calendars and equipment needs.
- Develop and manage museum templates including enews and eflyers.
- Coordinate and produce museum’s signage program.
- Provide production assistance for projects as required, including materials sourcing, obtaining price quotes, image retouching and enhancement, typesetting, and file prep.
- Act as primary designer for projects as assigned, and provide design assistance for projects as required.
- Interface with internal clients to determine job specifications and produce timely and appropriate publications.
- Assist in the development of museum standards for gallery didactic materials.
- Provide creative solutions to graphic interface issues, budget, and time constraints.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in graphic design or related field with 1 year of paid production and graphic design experience and image management. Museum setting a+
- Excellent communication and production skills.
- Tool base proficiency in Adobe CS, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and HTML.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and with Internet.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Must be a team player with a “can do” pitch in attitude.
- Ability to develop new, relevant technology skills as required.
- Must have an understanding of traditional print design and an understanding of new technology and interactive media.
- MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN THE METROPOLITAN AREA (NY, NJ, CT)
- A starting salary range of $32,000 to $35,000 commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION
- Complete resume which must include salary history and salary requirements.
- Summarize your relevant qualifications for this specific position and separately address each of the Qualification points. No generic statements please.
- Submissions must include a portfolio (PDF or website)
BE SURE TO INDICATE – JOB #AGDA/NYFA on the subject line of your email and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org