The Exhibition Coordinator will work with the Assistant Director of Exhibition Development and the Exhibition division to prepare content and production materials for the 9/11 Museum’s inaugural exhibitions.
The 9/11 Memorial Museum has a dual mission of commemoration and education. It will tell the story of 9/11, its antecedents, and its aftermath and will honor the memory of those who were killed. As the Museum prepares to open, Exhibition division staff is finalizing content selections; securing artifacts and licensing film, photographs and sound assets; reviewing deliveries from its exhibition designers, media producers, fabricators, and audio visual designers and integrators; and preparing presentations and other materials to share with advisors and constituents. The Exhibition Coordinator will prepare, manage, and track materials and support the work of others on the project. Specific tasks include:
• Prepare content deliveries and review the work of design and fabrication consultants, with particular focus on graphic and label production
• Support the coordination of photograph, film, and audio licensing to be included in the exhibitions and track associated use rights
• Assist with supervising the installation progress of artifacts, graphics, and exhibitry
• Provide research on exhibition content, ensuring key documentation is entered into exhibition database systems
• Maintain record of exhibition content decisions and rationales
• Manage special projects as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Exhibition Development
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Graduate degree in in a liberal arts, journalism, library science, museum studies, or related exhibition design or information design program preferred.
• One year general office experience required.
• Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills, and attention to detail required.
• Experience with database management preferred.
• Familiarity with a range of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite.
• General knowledge of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993 events helpful.
• This is a full-time, 15-month renewable term position.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Please send cover letter and resume by 10/05/2012 to email@example.com. Please include “Exhibition Coordinator” in the subject heading.