The Associate Director of Museum Experiences is responsible for the
museum’s public programs and the management of educators, DFI’s and staff
that interacts with the public. This position works closely with the COO
and Executive Director to ensure that the organization achieves its goals
and that the visitor has an exceptional experience while participating in
museum programming on and off-site.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate all informal museum programs to
museums mission and maximize guest relations to insure the highest
level of visitor
satisfaction and member retention
* Develop and manage new inter-active programs and theatrical
experiences in the
galleries to compliment the exhibits and visitor experience, in
the Manager of Museum & Theatrical Experiences.
* Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate the performance of Manager of
Relations and Manager of Museum & Theatrical Experiences, and those
supervise including DFI’s, educators, volunteers and public program
contractual performers. .
* Collaborate with Director of External Relations on marketing and
all public programs.
* Create a rubrics and utilize to evaluate MCM’s participation in
* Develop and monitor education budgets with the CFO
* Promote fun, positive, visitor experience.
* A degree in education or related field
* A proven track record in the design, delivery, and evaluation of
large-scale programs for the public, especially children ages 0-8, their
parents and education professionals.
* Excellent fiscal and personnel management skills.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org