Posted by Phillippa Pitts on October 5, 1972 in job announcements
New Museum of Contemporary Art
(New York NY)
The New Museum is Manhattan’s first and only museum dedicated exclusively to contemporary art. Visitor Assistants are the front line staff of the Museum, creating the “face” of the New Museum to the public, and are responsible for the overall positive visitor experience. Visitor Assistants will rotate through the following Visitor Services functions to be carried out in the New Museum’s lobby:
- Greets the public and performs crowd control when necessary.
- Sells tickets for exhibitions, lectures, films, and special programs.
- Sells memberships and provides member support.
- Distributes audio tours to visitors.
- Provides general museum and city information.
- Inform visitors of photography, food and baggage policies, (and other policies as they arise)
- Answers phones.
- Restocks brochures throughout the museum.
- Provides some reception services for administrative staff.
- Assists other departments in coordination and staffing of public programs.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by management.
Applicants must have excellent customer service experience and be eager to provide warm, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and friendly service to museum visitors. A passion for contemporary art is highly desired, and fluency in a foreign language is a plus. Completion of, or significant coursework towards, a Bachelor’s degree is required.
We are currently hiring for two part time positions. When responding please include your availability from Wednesday through Sunday and any customer service experience you have.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org