Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, some evenings & weekends
- Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Minimum Three Years Public Relations experience Museum experience preferred.
- Excellent Writing and Communications Skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships particularly with media representatives. Pre-existing relationships with Philadelphia media highly desirable.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours (weekends and evenings)
- Social media experience preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Manage local media relations program for entire Franklin Institute, including awards programs, exhibits, staff, programs, and IMAX films; implement press conferences and media events; respond to media inquiries; establish and maintain relationships with members of print, broadcast, and electronic media.
Extensive writing required. Handle all on-site broadcast shoots through proactively seeking opportunities to promote The Franklin Institute, traveling special exhibitions, events, Science Festival and the Franklin Awards. Execute attendance-driving and audience-building weekend and evening events established with the PR Director, director of marketing and director of programming; establish effective events through partnerships and collaborations with third-party institutions; work with facilities, catering, and visitor services. Analyze effectiveness of events through attendance measurements as well as value of PR execution. Supervise interns and volunteers. Create the weekly clip report. Work with PR Director to distribute press releases. Create press kits, media drops; manage PR website. Create PR Plan presentations with the direction of the PR Director. Oversee and manage interns.