The Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is seeking creative, energetic individuals to join its educational staff. This position will have broad responsibility to implement a variety of MoMath programs, including:
- Field trip offerings for classes, camps, and other groups that visit the museum; in-museum public demonstrations and group activities
- Mobile museum curricula, including educational outreach activities occurring in schools, community centers, public spaces, and so on
- Teacher professional development
- Internship programs
- After-school and weekend math clubs or enrichment programs
- Summer math camps and programs
The position of Education Coordinator offers the opportunity to participate in and influence one of America’s major efforts in mathematical outreach to students, teachers, and the public. This position reports to the Chief of Education of the Museum.
MoMath is seeking candidates with demonstrated experience and skill in conveying the breadth, beauty, vitality, usefulness, and excitement of modern mathematics to diverse audiences. The ideal candidate will have experience with and enthusiasm for working with groups of K-12 students on mathematical activities.
Teaching experience is highly desirable, and museum experience is a plus.
The successful applicant must have a love of communicating mathematical ideas at all levels of sophistication and understanding, especially in ways pitched to be meaningful to a broad public.
To apply, please send to email@example.com the following materials with a subject line mentioning “Education Coordinator”: a cover letter; a current resumé; a newly-written essay that, in approximately 150 to 500 words, describes an experience that shaped your love of mathematics; and samples of or links to outreach or educational activities in which you have been involved.