|The Museum of Arts and Design (MAD), the countryâ€™s premier contemporary institution exploring the intersection of craft, design and art, seeks an energetic communications and marketing professional to join the Public Affairs team. The Museum is the countryâ€™s preeminent institution dedicated to the collection and exhibition of contemporary objects created in a variety of media.
The Public Affairs Manager will help manage communications and marketing (media relations, marketing, web site, social media, etc.) and will have primary responsibility for directing program and collections outreach as well as institutional marketing. The successful candidate will be an independent thinker with out-of-the-box ideas, a sense of humor and a collaborative spirit.
Position requires excellent writing, communications and organizational skills; ability to work both independently and in a team; and ability to think creatively and strategically. The ideal candidate will also be able to bring fresh thinking about how to evolve and extend the reach of institutional outreach in print, on line and in person.
- Working closely with other institutional departments, including Curatorial and Education, to identify opportunities to build visibility for the Museumâ€™s activities and expand its constituent base;
- Developing press materials, coordinating press campaigns and events, including media relations and database management, project management, and reporting;
- Contributing to strategy for and development of outreach and cultivation materials (both print and online), including organizational news and highlights, cultivation packages and press kits;
- Managing the design, production & distribution of marketing materials; establishing and maintaining key marketing partnerships and the annual advertising plan.
- Collaborating with the Curatorial, Education and Tech teams to maintain the organizationâ€™s web site;
- Coordinating press and other cultivation events;
- Attending major programs and events as required;
- Supervising departmental assistants and other team members as required.
Candidates must have minimum 5 years of full-time communications experience, preferably in an arts setting.
Candidates will also demonstrate a commitment to the Museumâ€™s mission, and to working to advance its position within the New York City cultural landscape; deep experience working with national arts and culture media; proven track record of success in arts marketing and communications; ability to advocate effectively for the Museum and its goals in professional and social settings; superior communication and organizational skills; and ability to remain flexible and focused in a demanding work environment and to prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively.
Position available November 1.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and note â€śPublic Affairs Managerâ€ť in the subject line. Calls will not be accepted. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Museum ideas, information, and discourse from our desks to yours.