Department: Education – Administration
Reports to: Eleanor McDonald Storza Director of Education
Employment Status: Regular/Part-time
Provide administrative and office management support for all functions of the Director of Education’s office. Responsibilities include supporting the Academic Affiliates program as well as special projects, as assigned.
This is a part-time position; Monday-Friday, 10am-3pm (approximately 20 hours per week).
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following:
· Provide administrative support to Director of Education. Responsibilities include scheduling, answering phones, assisting the general public, organizing correspondence, making travel arrangements, filing, copying, and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
· Maintain the operating budget and revenue for the Director of Education. Serve as central processor for deposits, check requests, and invoices. Distribute monthly budget reports to Education department heads.
· Make arrangements for departmental meetings and the Board of Director’s Education Committee meetings. Responsibilities include scheduling, preparing agendas and support materials, taking minutes, arranging refreshments, assisting during meetings, and maintaining committee correspondence.
· Assist with preparation of grant reports and proposals as needed.
· Coordinate activities and track deliverables of Academic Affiliate Program:
o Organize and track key contacts list and facilitate communication with the Affiliates.
o Track all Affiliate activity and prepare annual reports.
o Work with Director of Education to coordinate and schedule informational meetings and
presentations (approximately 12/yr).
o Prepare and process all invoices for Affiliate fees.
o Distribute catalogs and other materials to designated recipients.
o Coordinate requests from Affiliates for education program and
pr/communication/membership/special event requests with appropriate High Museum of Art
departments (approx 24 – 30 programs/yr).
· Compile and prepare various program research and reports.
· Provide support for education programs, as needed. May include registration, setting up logistics, staffing events.
· Assist Director of Education with recruiting and hiring department staff, including tracking resumes and arranging interviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
· B.A. preferred and 2 years of office experience; Major in an arts or humanities field highly desirable.
· Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to write correspondence and reports.
· Ability to communicate effectively with Museum staff, volunteers, members, visitors, and Board of Directors.
· Ability to compute rates and percentages.
· Ability to present information in report form, process invoices and expense reports, and maintain department records.
· Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize needs in a variety of situations when standardization may be limited.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
· Microsoft Office proficiency.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work independently.
· Strong interpersonal skills; position interacts with museum staff, visitors, academic community, and trustees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Some standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and hourly rate requirements by clicking here to apply.