Muse Education, a small private educational company is seeking part-time docents, to lead English-speaking family visitors on museums tours and historical walks. Museum or classroom teaching experience with students between the ages of 6-18 is a requirement. The position is part-time with flexible hours, but requires a minimum commitment of 5-6 hours per week. Candidates should be Paris residents and have plans to live in the city for at least one year. Pay begins at 40 euros per hour, but the position requires a commitment of unpaid prep and training, to learn the program material.
The position requires the following qualifications:
• Extensive experience with Anglophone students, in either the classroom or museum.
• An ability to discuss art in an accessible jargon-free manner to younger museum audiences.
• MA in education, museum studies, art history, or history preferred.
• An outgoing personality and impeccable interpersonal skills. There is a strong, social component to this position that requires guides to be at ease with a diverse range of museum visitors.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• A broad knowledge of French history and/or Western art history.
Please send CV and cover letter, detailing your qualifications for the specific family programs (http://www.parismuse.com/museum-tours/family/index.shtml) you would be interested in leading.
Email: (With subject heading “Family Docent Application”): Jason Vrooman, Associate Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)