The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking an Education Manager,
Digital Media & Online
Learning. As a member of the Education Department, and in collaboration with
UBS MAP Global Art Initiative staff, the Education Manager, Digital Media &
Online Learning is
responsible for conceptualizing, managing and evaluating learning
initiatives that will promote and
sustain meaningful audience engagement and expansion worldwide through the
website, social networks and other digital/mobile technologies. The
Education Manager will work with
staff, curators and contributors from each region to identify and create
content to engage various
local online audiences.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to
understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other
manifestations of visual culture,
primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes
this mission through
exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and
publications. The Guggenheim
strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience
through its unique
network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual
visitors worldwide, the
Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions
in the world.
There are no direct reports associated with this position.
* Identify and implement forward thinking audience engagement strategies
that utilize digital
media to sustain worldwide interest and participation throughout the life of
the project and
* Work with Education and Curatorial staff to conceptualize, develop and
evaluate a dynamic
range of web-based educational initiatives including web forums, teacher and
resources, and offerings collaboratively developed with artists, guest
presenters and other
organizations and institutions.
* Implement and maintain a digital database and audio-visual Program Archive
of all public
program documentation; co-conceive and manage dynamic web presence for UBS
educational programs including live audience feeds, post-program
blog content response; facilitate requests and needs for digital images for
publications, external affairs and SRGM website among others.
* Act as education project manager to liaise with the Interactive staff and
MAP Global Art Initiative Editor to coordinate implementation of online
utilization of digital assets.
* Work closely with senior education staff to conceptualize, develop and
online, digital media and mobile strategies as tools for interpreting
content about acquisitions,
exhibitions; engage artist, curatorial and audience insights and other
perspectives where relevant.
* Research, develop and manage the coordination, evaluation and
documentation of a biennial
convening of progressive thinkers who have proven experience in
implementing technology-based and/or community organizing strategies to
audiences with contemporary art.
* Conceptualize, teach, and/or coordinate the integration of courses and
workshop that utilize
the Sackler Center computer labs as interpretive venues for the project;
maintenance and proper functioning of the labs with assistance from IT;
provide research and
advisement to the Director of Education on ways to continually increase
functionality of labs.
* Advocate for and ensure the accessibility of online and digital media
projects for diverse
audiences that adhere as closely as possible to international accessibility
* Prepare and manage technology budgets and coordinate program contracts,
requisition proposals and documentation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Master’s Degree in Art History or Art Education; 3-5 years of museum
in an education or technology department
* Strong knowledge of art history with an emphasis in Modern and
* Strong experience in the development and implementation of educational and
technologies and online learning
* Excellent research, writing, editing and verbal skills
* Proven experience in project management and designing and developing
educational approaches that involve online and digital media environments
* Proven experience in inquiry-based teaching methodologies
* Cross-cultural and work experience on a global level highly desirable
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental,
life, disability, and
retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick
leave and personal days,
access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores,
and a stimulating and
collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter, including
salary expectations, to
email@example.com. Indicate the job title “Education Manager,
Digital Media &
Online Learning” in the subject line.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.