New York Chinese Cultural Center
(New York NY)
Job Title: School Assistant
Reports to: School Director
Supervises: Interns if required
Compensation: $10/per hour, up to 20 hours a week; no benefits
Responsibilities: The School Assistant performs the functions of a Registrar and is responsible for all administrative tasks associated with the school and its outreach programs.
Duties: Include but are not limited to:
- Responding to inquiries about classes and tuition over the telephone and in person
- Registering students, collecting tuition, and checking attendance. Tracking and monitoring class sizes.
- Updating tuition spreadsheet. Following up with outstanding accounts.
- Maintaining filing system and mailing list.
- Handling sale of dancewear, props and class materials (including keeping inventory and placing orders when supplies run low in a timely manner)
- Update class schedule for new semester and ensuring all forms are always stocked
- Providing general assistance to students and parents
- Submitting status reports on tuition collection and enrollment to accountant at the end of the month
- Creating, copying and distributing copies of time sheets to teachers every month
- Providing logistical support for the Annual School Recital and Open House
- Generating student attendance sheets (for instructors) before start of classes or semester.
- Generating and posting notices regarding public holidays, special events etc.
- Contributing to marketing efforts, including coordinating website updates for school information.
- Attending meetings as needed
- Keeping facility clean and tidy
- Helping out with other tasks as assigned.
Fluent in English, Mandarin a plus, college students are welcome.
Must be able to work on Saturdays and Sundays.
Previous experience working with children or in a school setting
Send your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicate School Assistant in subject line.