The Camden County Historical Society in Camden, NJ, seeks a full-time Executive Director.
A private nonprofit founded in 1899, our mission is to collect, preserve and interpret the history of Camden County for educational and civic purposes, primarily for the Camden County community and, secondarily, for the Delaware Valley. Our three-building complex includes a research library, museum, and 18th-century Quaker mansion. We maintain an active calendar of public programs and offer educational activities on site and in classrooms and community centers throughout Camden County.
The Executive Director manages the Society’s day-to-day operations; he or she reports to, and works closely with, the Board of Trustees.
• Strong administrative background and financial skills.
• Knowledge of and passion for history.
• Knowledge of facilities management–especially issues facing historic houses.
• Experienced in grantwriting and fundraising.
• Team player and strong collaborator with excellent people skills.
• Out-of-the-box thinker when it comes to problem-solving, fundraising and
• Nonprofit experience at a historical society, historic site or museum a definite plus.
• Outgoing public presence with good diplomatic and social skills.
• Ability to connect effectively and openly with Board, staff and volunteers to
foster an environment of productive teamwork.
• Good listener, approachable and optimistic.
• Excellent communicator.