The Walters Art Museum, an encyclopedic museum located in Baltimoreâ€™s historic Mount Vernon Square, presents a rich and varied schedule of special exhibitions and programs for the public, while offering free admission to its renowned permanent collection.
We seek a seasoned, team-oriented professional Manager of Public Relations.Â Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the incumbent serves as the institutionâ€™s primary liaison to the press and will have responsibility for creating, implementing, managing and tracking all media relations strategies in an effort to bring positive light to the museumâ€™s many public offerings and to build attendance.Â Primary duties include:
- Building PR strategies that result in increased press coverage and public awareness by serving as the museumâ€™s spokesperson, coordinating institutional responses to the press and engaging staff for museum information; creating and circulating editorial calendars to key staff and members of the press; writing press releases, media alerts and pitching stories to the press; organizing and scheduling press events for exhibitions and interviews with key staff.
- Managing the efforts of outside PR agencies to achieve heightened media coverage by serving as the liaison to all external public relations agencies, reviewing, editing and re-writing third-party press releases, approving third party media walkthroughs and interviews.
- Expanding the awareness of the Walters and its offerings to Baltimore businesses and community groups by participating in networking groups and serving on cultural/community committees.
- Expanding the museumâ€™s online footprint by using social media to engage with the online community of museum fans and editorial media.
- Managing the PR budget, supervising interns and performing other duties as assigned.
- B. S. degree in Communications or Marketing with an arts background;
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in public relations and marketing with strong emphasis on planning and implementation related to PR/Marketing functions.
- Working knowledge of marketing, including advertising principles and layout/design.Â Experience with publications and print production.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, administrative, and organizational skills. Must be a team play and able to work with a diverse group of people at all levels.
Attractive benefits package.Â For consideration, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirement email@example.com.Â Application close date is February 28, 2013.
An EOE/An alcohol, smoke and drug free environment.
- No Calls Please