Digital Content Manager
The Museum of the American Revolution, a private, nonprofit educational organization located
in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is seeking a Digital Content Manager to assist in the planning
and execution of digital content for the Web, social media, and e-mail campaigns, develop
and manage educational outreach initiatives, and manage special projects. The position will
report to the Senior Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
The Museum of the American Revolution will be constructed at Third & Chestnut Streets in
Philadelphia, just steps from Independence Hall. The design team includes nationally acclaimed
architect Robert A. M. Stern and exhibit designers MFM Design. The Museum owns a
distinguished and growing collection of original artifacts, works of art, and archival materials
from the Revolutionary era that will be displayed in the Museum. The Digital Content Manager
will assist the Museum in its efforts to offer content, build visibility, and engage audiences prior
to the opening of the Museum. For more information, please visit www.AmRevMuseum.org.
• Work collaboratively with other museum staff, subject matter experts, and volunteers to
research, develop, and publish web content including blogs, social media, and email
communications that furthers the educational mission and goals of the Museum of the
• Develop, manage, and control quality of content for the Museum’s digital outreach
• Use best practices in metrics and analysis to understand the dimensions of audience
engagement, mobile platforms, etc.
• Publish more of the Museum’s collections, images, video, activities and content of all kinds
so that it can be shared, tagged, collected, rated, re-purposed, commented on, and exported to
other Web sites.
• Create and maintain an editorial calendar for web, email, and social media.
• Participate in creative planning and brainstorming meetings. Actively contribute ideas and
strategies for expanding awareness, and generating on-line contributions to support the
• Work collaboratively with cultural partners to develop outreach and engagement
opportunities for targeted audiences.
• Manage special projects as needed.REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree, with a major in history, preferred, as well as an interest in the founding
• 2-3 years relevant professional experience;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in Web platforms, content management systems,
and uses of emerging media;
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects;
• Energetic and enthusiastic personality, good interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of integrated team.
To apply, submit a cover letter including salary history along with a resume to
digitalmanager@AmRevMuseum.org. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Museum of the American Revolution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.