VSHP seeks a highly-organized, detail-oriented, energetic self-starter to assist a growing non-profit organization with educational, advocacy, administrative, and fundraising projects.
- planning and coordinating adult educational programs and events
- managing children’s education program
- assistance with management and upkeep of membership database
- designing of printed and electronic materials
- responding to research and informational requests
- tracking and seeking resolution of landmark and zoning violations
- coordinating mailing and printing jobs
- management and recruitment of interns and volunteers
- general clerical duties and management of office supplies and equipment
- assistance with logistics for special fundraising events
- managing social networking efforts
Applicant should have a BA and a strong interest in the educational, research, programming, preservation, and advocacy work of the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation. Strong writing and computer skills are a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver or other web design programs, database applications, and document layout programs is especially helpful. Strong organizational skills and a proven track record of managing and completing projects in a fast-paced work environment are a must. Ability to juggle multiple tasks and maintain flexibility is key. 40+ hrs./week, with occasional weekend and evening work. Compensation package includes full medical benefits, vacation, etc.
Send resume and cover letter to GVSHP, 232 East 11th Street, NY NY 10003. E-mailed and faxed resumes will NOT be accepted.