(Limited Term: APRILâ€“SEPTEMBER 2013)
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a dynamic, dedicated individual to join the Skirball Museum team as Exhibition Manager. Reporting to the Museum Director, the Exhibition Manager will coordinate changing and traveling exhibitions, permanent exhibition maintenance, and other Museum projects and initiatives across curatorial, design, and registrarial divisions. The incumbent is expected to have experience working successfully in collaborative environments and providing team leadership.
- Develop and update project priorities and timelines for permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Work with curators, registrars, and exhibition design and production teams to develop long-lead and detailed schedules for Museum exhibition projects and initiatives.
- Supervise the preparation and tracking of Museum operating budgets.
- Organize project meetings and reviews.
- Draft contracts and oversee contractual commitments of Museum projects.
- Prepare and negotiate touring agreements for Skirball-organized exhibitions.
- Develop tour itineraries and coordinate activities related to installation of Skirball exhibitions at other venues.
- Supervise an administrative assistant to ensure that meetings, schedules, reports, and records are handled smoothly and efficiently.
- Advanced degree in art management, museum administration, or business administration preferred (combination education and experience will be considered).
- At least four years of museum experience.
- General knowledge of the exhibition development and design process.
- Effective communication skills.
- Capacity to work with people of diverse cultures and economic backgrounds.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and project management software.
- Appreciation and understanding of the Skirball Cultural Center mission.
Please email resume and cover letter describing your skills and interests by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Human Resources Department
Re: Exhibition Manager
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CAÂ 90049
FAX (310) 440-4595