Summary of Responsibilities:
This is a temporary part-time position. The Family Garden Programs Coordinator is responsible for the development, preparation, and implementation of all garden-based education activities related to Family Garden programs. The Coordinator will assist the Director and Manager of the Edible Academy in training and preparing program instructors. The Coordinator will facilitate garden-based education activities of the programs as needed, maintain positive visitor contact, and assist with horticulture maintenance of the site.
- Two years related experience required.
- Must have knowledge of gardening and experience in teaching.
- Outgoing personality and enthusiastic attitude is essential.
- Willingness to work with children and families.
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move heavy program materials.