The Textile Museum is seeking an experienced exhibition coordinator who will manage all aspects of internally generated and traveling exhibitions hosted by The Textile Museum. The primary overall responsibilities of the position are to organize and oversee a schedule of work that brings the exhibitions from a development stage to a successful conclusion, to develop and track exhibition budgets, and to facilitate communication between all departments and outside vendors involved in the exhibition planning and production. It is an exciting time to join our staff we affiliate with the George Washington University to become the cornerstone of a new museum opening in mid-2014 on GW’s Foggy Bottom campus.
- Function as the point person working with exhibition curator, museum departments, outside contractors, and other institutions
- Assist with institutional exhibition planning/schedule
- Develop and track project budgets and creating budget reports
- Coordinate and support production of exhibition publications
- Coordinate production of exhibition graphics and texts
- Assist with the installation and take down of exhibitions
- MA in arts management or art history preferred
- 2-4 years of museum or exhibition management experience required
- Background and experience in art history or related field is required
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Passion for art and/or textile arts
- Imperative for the applicant to be highly organized, detail oriented and able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate a diverse team and experience working in a creative, multidisciplinary and fast-paced environment
- Experience with contract negotiation and budget development and tracking
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter (including your salary requirement) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2013.
Job Function: Curatorial/Programs
Entry Level: No
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Fulltime
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: MA
Min Experience: 2-4 years