The Museum of the City of New York seeks an experienced professional to manage the operations of its ambitious program of public programs for adults, including lectures, symposia, book talks, concerts, film screenings, walking tours, and gallery talks. The Manager of Public Program Operations will collaborate with programming staff and exercise primary responsibility for all aspects of fulfillment of programming, including:
- Front-of-house operations, including ticketing, check-in, customer relations during events
- Back-of-house operations, including AV, ops memos, and program logistics
- Liaising with Museum facilities staff on specialneeds and set up
- Managing reservations, customer service via phone and email, and administering the Museum’s Patron Edge Online ticketing system
- Managing online presence of public programs, including Patron Edge listings, and coordinating with marketing staff regarding partnerships, discounts, and listings on other websites
- Budgeting; tracking and managing income and expense for the department, including earned revenue (ticket sales) and contributed income (grants and sponsorships)
- Reporting: financial and audience analysis; maintaining database of ticket buyers and attendance
- Work closely with the Museum’s marketing and communications team on expanding audiences.
Desired qualifications: Four-year undergraduate degree and a minimum of five years of direct hands-on experience in program production, stage management, box office management, and/or audience relations, with evidence of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint and hands-on experience with databases
- Experience managing budgets
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when working with the public and donors
- Excellent organizational skills, including problem solving, multitasking and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work evenings and weekends
The Museum offers an attractive comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to The Museum of the City of New York, Attention: Human Resources Department, 1220 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10029 or email to email@example.com. The Museum of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer.