EDUCATION AND PROGRAMS ASSISTANT
The Education and Programs Assistant is responsible for maintaining all
of the Education Department¹s operation, with job responsibilities
focused on the museum¹s group schedule. This position reports to the
Teen, Family and Community Programs, working in collaboration with visitor
services, communications, and facilities departments.
* Oversee the Museum’s group schedule activities, with specific
student group inquiries, bookings, confirmations, guide arrangements, and
* Effectively communicate the programs and services offered to
the Museum. Accurately relay group policies and procedures to group leaders.
* Communicate with educators and docents about a group¹s specific
* Prepare reports on upcoming group activity including identifying
needs or trends.
* Collaborate with Visitor Service on reconciliation of revenue for
payments. Responsible for secure and timely deposit payments.
* Assist in developing processes to enhance the group booking,
tour evaluation procedures, such as Google forms and client evaluation.
* Create and distribute new materials to market group experiences
at MAD in
collaboration with the Public Relations department.
* Work closely with the volunteer docent corps to organize and
* Act as the primary liaison for all volunteer needs and
* Evaluate the impact and quality of visitor experience in group
visits to MAD.
* Provide administrative support to the VP for Education and
* Order supplies and materials for general department use
* Provide support administrative support for school, youth, family,
online and new media programs as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Excellent communication, organization, and customer service
skills via email
and phone strictly required
* Excellent attention to detail
* Familiarity with the New York City public school system
* Working knowledge of museum practices and contemporary art
* Ability to handle difficult situations in an efficient manner
* College degree required, preferable in art, art history, museum
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems is required, successful
will be skilled in Microsoft Excel. Mac and PC fluency (dual platform)
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to
Please use the position title in the subject line.