The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority has an immediate full-time opening for a Historic Site Administrator at Carlyle House Historic Park in Alexandria, Virginia (Opportunity Announcement #13-04-06). Annual Starting Salary: $54,000 – $60,000. Excellent benefits provided. For a complete job description, please go to www.NVRPA.org.
HISTORIC SITE ADMINISTRATOR is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and executing a management plan for the operation and maintenance of a historic facility. Work is performed under the general direction of the Park Operations Superintendent with considerable latitude for independent judgment and action. Annual performance goals will be set for Historic Site Administrator.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in museum studies or closely related field
Physical: Non-manual and manual work with strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions in office and outdoor setting; will lift and move furniture; will climb ladders; will use tools and operate equipment.
Experience: Two years of progressively responsible experience in administrative museum work, or any equivalent combination of education, training, or experience which provides:
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices used in museum management.
- Knowledge of historical period concerning facility.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in personnel management.
- Ability to develop comprehensive operating procedures and performance standards and to evaluate programs and employees against such standards.
- Ability to review and analyze expenditures and revenues in determining appropriate budgets.
- Considerable ability to identify and isolate problems, and to initiate appropriate actions.
- Considerable ability to deal effectively with the public and special interest groups, and to provide a strong, positive public relations program; with considerable ability to interpret and explain Park Authority policies, rules, and procedures to employees and to the public.
- Considerable ability to communicate clearly and effectively with ability to prepare and present accurate reports.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform duties of Assistant Administrator.
- Knowledge of computers with ability to use software such as Microsoft Office Programs.
- Knowledge of 35mm photography and exhibit equipment with ability to apply knowledge.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a drivers license; must maintain safe driving record.
- Availability for call in emergency situations and to work additional hours during peak operating times including shift work and weekends.
- Ability to obtain/maintain required certifications.
- Certification or ability to obtain certification in CPR and first aid.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
How to Apply: Send resume to: fax 703 352-0463, email@example.com or
Attn: Cindy Hudson, HR Administrator
5400 Ox Road
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All buildings and vehicles of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority are smoke-free.