The Exhibit Developer participates in all facets of exhibit creation, from concept development through production and installation, working under the direction of the position’s supervisor and with project teams combining internal and contract personnel.
Bachelors degree (MA preferred) in American Studies, history, museum studies, or related field. Background in transportation history, popular culture studies, social history, or history of technology preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a museum setting.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to think conceptually and visually, from the big-picture overview to the details.
- Familiarity with exhibit and graphic design process and fabrication techniques.
- Candidate must be highly organized, efficient, and flexible through all phases of projects and in working with all project team members.
- Demonstrated experience developing storylines for major exhibitions.
- Extensive research, writing and copy editing experience.
- Project development experience through all exhibit development phases.
- Solid interpretive vision and proven ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences through material culture
- Proven capacity to take individual initiative and produce consistent results while working independently.
How to Apply? Is this you? If so, please click here to apply today!