The Prospect Research Assistant works in concert with the Manager of Development Operations and the Museum’s Development management team to conduct comprehensive and detailed donor prospect research on individuals, corporations and foundations and provides in-depth profiles and reports for gift prospects for the Museum.
The Prospect Research Assistant will be a key resource to his or her colleagues in the Development office in the collection and dissemination of donor information.
• Prepares detailed research reports on potential donors and prospects, including individuals, foundations, and corporations, using online services and other resources
• Engages in proactive research to identify prospects and potential donors
• Prepares summary research reports for cultivation events
• Performs reactive research at the request of Development staff as necessary
• Supports the Manager of Development Operations in all aspects of the prospect management system, including the coordination of weekly moves management and regular exhibition funding meetings & the ongoing maintenance of prospect records in Raiser’s Edge.
• Oversees maintenance of all donor files located within research department
• Identifies and manages appropriate on-line services, magazine and other research tools
The successful candidate will have solid research experience in a nonprofit organization or online research skills in another capacity. Strong technology skills and computer literacy essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong analytical ability are required. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Research Point preferred, Microsoft Office and online information resources essential. A Bachelors degree (or comparable work experience) is required.
Reports to: Manager, Development Operations
Starting Date: Immediate
Schedule: Full-time, permanent
Salary requirements must be stated for consideration
To apply please send cover letter and resume to: Development Department, ATTN: Prospect Research, Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11238, or fax to: 718-501-6139, or by email to: email@example.com
. No phone calls please.
Brooklyn Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.