As part of the Exhibitions Media and Interactives team, the Digital Interactives Producer will create digital hands-on experiences for permanent and temporary exhibitions. Working within a creative environment, the Digital Interactives Producer is accountable for all aspects of production–from conceptualization to programming and integration into exhibitions.
- Conceptualization and production of digital interactives based on exhibition content
- Visually communicating and presenting concepts
- Work closely with scientific curators, exhibition content developers, and designers through development, prototyping and production phases
- Prototyping and visitor testing
- Assist in installation and integration of interactives into exhibitions
- Assist in developing and following schedules for design, prototyping, visitor testing, and production
- Represent the Interactives Division at various meetings
- Research new technologies that could be used in the future
- Oversee and consult on out-of-house production of interactive elements
- Organize and consolidate materials for archiving purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (i.e. engineering or industrial design) or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Great portfolio demonstrating work experience and practical abilities (will be reviewed if selected for an interview)
- This position requires understanding and experience in user interface/experience design
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting; strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Self-starter with the ability to bring projects to completion with minimal supervision and on schedule
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and good judgement are important
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software; skilled in MS Office, presentation and design software, and Google products
- Eagerness and ability to understand and apply new technical concepts and applications
- Experience with CAD and 3D environment software a plus
The Field Museum accepts applications on-line. To apply for this position, please complete the on-line application.
No phone calls please.
The Field Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.