Salary: $11.25 per hour
SUMMARY: Creative, motivated person needed to work year round as an historical interpreter at First State
Heritage Park in Dover. Thisis a part-time/year-round position which may vary from 15-30 hours per week.
Saturday work may be necessary as well as occasional evenings & holidays. The State of Delaware is AA/EOE.
• Strong interest in history required. Some background or college coursework in American history preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills in welcoming visitors of all agesto the park.
• Ability to present accurate historical material in an engaging way.
• Ability and willingness to learn a significant amount of historical material essential.
• Public speaking experience and ability to communicate effectively to all age groups necessary.
• A willingness to develop acting skills required; some theatrical experience helpful.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. is necessary.
• Conduct a variety of historical walking tours in period clothing.
• Provide historical interpretation at the John Bell House on The Green.
• Conductschool tours and programs for kindergarten through college-age groups.
• Participate in historical theater presentations and evening lantern tours.
• Conduct tours of Delaware’s capitol building – Legislative Hall.
• Assist with various tasks to enhance and promote the park.
• Willing to work Saturdays, occasional evenings & some holidays.
BENEFITS: This is a seasonal position without traditional benefits. Direct Deposit of paychecks will be required
as a condition of employment for new employees.
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 work references and a completed state seasonal application to:
First State Heritage Park
102 S. State Street
Dover DE 19901
Note: Applications can be picked up in person at the Park Office or on-line at
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No telephone calls please.