The Manager of Digital Initiatives (MDI) will oversee the TNSLA’s (The New Sschool Libraries & Archives) rapidly-expanding collections of unique digital material. Reporting to the director of the Archives & Special Collections unit, the MDI’s
responsibilities will include:
● Manage TNSLA’s digital materials, including digitization projects, metadata capture and creation, and preservation of special digital collections.
● Play a lead role implementing the TNSLA’s digital asset management system, Collective Access, including conducting user studies with members of the New School community.
● Engage students with the digital collections, by working with faculty and providing reference and instruction.
● Identify funding sources and write grants for projects to digitize textual, graphic, and audiovisual materials.
● Develop strategies, identify and implement tools for promoting and enhancing discovery, and access to digital collections online, including mobile devices.
● Investigate and document intellectual property regulations relevant to the online dissemination of digital material.
● Master’s degree in Archives or MLIS with Archives concentration.
● Proven ability to take leadership role in establishing and implementing digital preservation standards, including capture, data migration, and metadata creation.
● Demonstrated ability to listen and communicate effectively, orally and in writing ability to collaborate with diverse communities of individuals.
● Ability to prioritize, set and meet project goals and deadlines, and manage multiple projects.
● Supervisory experience.
● Experience managing a digital asset management system.
● Demonstrated ability to adopt new technologies.
● Graduate work in history, the digital humanities, art and design, and/or social sciences.
● Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and other tools for standardizing and optimizing digital images, documents, and audiovisual material.
● Working knowledge of XML and digital content creation/transformation tools, and experience with Archivist’s Toolkit.
● Familiarity with an ILS (Integrated Library Systems), (Aleph preferred).
● Web design capabilities, especially related to digital special collections.
- Cover Letter