The Chemical Heritage Foundation seeks a full-time permanent Multimedia Journalist to be part of its print and multimedia team. The Multimedia Journalist reports directly to the Editor in Chief of Chemical Heritage magazine and will assist in creating suitable, well-researched, and engaging content for CHF’ growing number of multimedia projects, including for the Media Page and Chemical Heritage magazine. The Multimedia Journalist will also oversee production of the podcast.
The Multimedia Journalist will continually create short audio and video pieces to complement new and existing content. In addition he or she will write and adapt articles for both print and digital media and contribute to CHF’s blog. CHF’s new Media Page will host thematic content (video, audio, magazine content, and blog) and the Multimedia Journalist will keep that section of the website updated as well as contribute to its overall look and feel.
In addition the Multimedia Journalist will find outside experts, including scientists, engineers, and historians, and coordinate interviews; conduct pre-interviews, and develop and maintain the schedule for production of digital media. He or she will work closely with the Editor in Chief and with the Manager of Emerging Media and will also collaborate with members of other CHF departments to bring CHF’s stories to life.
- 3-5 years in print and digital publications
- demonstrated effectiveness in planning, organizing and meeting deadlines
- bachelor’s degree (some history required)
- demonstrated story telling skills across traditional and digital media
- ability to work across different media: print, video, and audio
- knowledge of SEO best practices
- experience with social media
- some knowledge of chemistry and/or history of science preferred
- excellent skills in communication, oral and written
- ability to work well with a variety of people
- experience with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, audio editing software, and web content management systems.
The Chemical Heritage Foundation is a collections-based nonprofit organization that preserves the history and heritage of chemistry, chemical engineering, and related sciences and technologies. The collections are used to create a body of original scholarship that illuminates chemistry’s role in shaping society. In bridging science with the humanities, arts, and social sciences, CHF is committed to building a vibrant, international community of scholars; creating a rich source of traditional and emerging media; expanding the reach of our museum; and engaging the broader society through inventive public events.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and 5 samples of work across various media that emphasize story telling skills. Send to: email@example.com
CHF offers competitive retirement and health benefits. Compensation is based on qualifications. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. CHF is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer.