Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Advancement Associate will directly support the Director of Leadership and Planned Giving and the Leadership Gifts team as well as the Executive Director of Development in the myriad of duties associated with both.
- Create and help present key documents including briefings to assist senior staff and Trustee/Overseer leadership to enact effective strategies for solicitation; and proposals for donors and prospects to advance their understanding of the Museum funding needs.
- Serve as research liaison to the Special Events staff as their activities relate to the Leadership Gifts Department, in addition provide the pre- and post- follow up from events, creation of invitations, formulation of guest lists, and providing administrative support at Leadership Gift events as needed.
- Research and generate analysis of data from published and online sources that can be shaped into proposals, reports and other supportive materials.
- Coordinate effective communication with the various divisions of the Museum as well as external liaisons. This includes inquiries and requests from prospective donors and/or their advisors, financial representatives, lawyers, and trust officers to facilitate their giving to the MOS.
WORK SCHEDULE:This position is Regular, Full-time. Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Director of Leadership & Planned Giving & Executive Director of Advancement (Jointly)
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
- More than 3 years of administrative experience.
STARTING SALARY:Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.