Assist in the coordination of exhibitions and programs within the context ofÂ The Baker Museumâ€™s ambitious exhibition program, overseeing and implementing all aspects of the planning process, including generating exhibition timeline and guiding the planning process simultaneously for several exhibitions at various stages of development.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesÂ (other duties may be assigned)
- Possess a broad familiarity with the art of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern museum principles and practices.
- Undertake administrative tasks related to planning and production of exhibitions including drafting loan letters and forms; maintain exhibition databases, loan correspondence and exhibition files.
- Conduct image research and obtain reproduction and usage premissions for catalogue, internet and other sources.
- Assist in preparation of exhibition texts, including labels and object lists.
- Conduct research for future exhibitions in development including research on potential exhibition artists.
- Research publications and online sources.
- Coordinate annual Florida Contemporary exhibition and act as liaison with artists throughout the exhibition planning process.
- Assist with duties related to an annual fundraising Gala.
- Oversee the work of curatorial interns.
- Observe safety requirements.Â Report safety issues and items requiring work orders to Supervisor or Security.
- Work effectively with all Artisâ€”Naples team members.
Competencies, Education and Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess and demonstrate the following competencies:
AnalyticalÂ - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures. Is able to analyze data and prepares reports and projections.
Problem SolvingÂ - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in-group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical SkillsÂ - Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other standard office procedures and equipment
Oral CommunicationÂ - Speaks clearly, confidently and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions in office and in public settings; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates constructively and thoughtfully in meetings.
Written CommunicationÂ - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs.
TeamworkÂ - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; fosters a cooperative work environment.
LeadershipÂ - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; exhibits confidence in self and others.
Quality ManagementÂ - Improves and promotes quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business AcumenÂ - Understands business implications of decisions.
Cost ConsciousnessÂ - Works within approved budget.
DiversityÂ - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
EthicsÂ - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values.
Strategic ThinkingÂ - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
- M.A. in Art History, Museum studies or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in the field.
Organizational Core Values
Collaborative â€“Â work internally and externally to accomplish something together that we may not be able to accomplish separately in order to realize shared goals.
Transparency â€“Â behave and communicate in a manner that exudes openness and sheer honesty.
Excellence â€“Â a standard of performance that surpasses ordinary standards.
Accountability â€“Â the acceptance and assumption of responsibility for actions, decisions and results.
Patron-firstâ€“Â place the patron at the center of our efforts.
Integrity â€“Â a commitment to the highest standards, values and principles through every action and decision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to form and maintain successful working relationships with team members, artists, lenders, tour venues and other external contacts.
- Proficiency in Spanish desired.
We are a drug free workplace and conduct background checks. Qualified candidates should apply on-line atÂ www.thephil.org