Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Development Associate for Corporate Annual Programs/Development
The Development Associate provides the administrative support for the Corporate Patron Program and the Real Estate Council and is the primary contact for all corporate and non-profit entertaining inquiries for the corporate team. S/he is responsible for preparing renewals and acknowledgement letters, processing contributions, tracking renewals, and overall service of Corporate Patron and Real Estate Council members. Maintains corporate files, updates and reprints all program-related materials, assists with Business Committee meetings and the annual Corporate Benefit and Real Estate Council Benefit.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Liaison with the Development Events team, Office of Special Events, Membership, Visitor Services and the Education Department on all corporate and non-profit events held at the Museum and attends a weekly interdepartmental event meeting to discuss any issues
• Responds to all entertaining inquiries from prospects, Corporate and Real Estate
Council members and special exhibition sponsors, i.e., large and small scale events, after
hours and daytime tours, meetings, breakfasts and luncheons
• Facilitates all event related correspondence including the review of entertaining budgets and contracts and the printing of the final version of contracts for signature
• Responsible for drafting Corporate Patron and Real Estate Council membership renewals, gift posting, written acknowledgements and maintenance of member lists
• Tracking of income and expenses and updating financial records
• Prepare monthly income reports, free admission list, as well as Annual Report lists
• Preparation of annual grant proposals and solicitation materials, answering inquiries,
updating the corporate annual program information on the Web Site
• Coordinates printed materials, including brochures, letterhead, courtesy cards and guest passes
• Other projects, as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• Successful candidates will have a 1-2 years experience in related aspects of development or corporate administration.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
• Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Education:
• BA required
• Special event experience and excellent clerical skills essential, including general office skills and business correspondence.
• Computer literacy required.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or domestic partner status, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, HIV status, military status and any other category protected by law in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.